Free things do in Sydney these school holidays
Heading up to the Harbour City these school holidays? Sydney offers hundreds of amazing kid-friendly activities to enjoy - and many of them are free of charge!
1. Let’s start with Barangaroo on Sydney Harbour. We’ve heard a lot about it. Is it good for families?
There are lots of reasons to get excited about the new Barangaroo precinct in Sydney, where six hectares of prime harbour real estate have been given to locals and visitors to enjoy.
2. Museums and galleries – there are heaps in in Sydney. What are they offering during school holidays?
A lot is the answer to that! Sydney has world class museums and galleries and most of them offer a pretty extensive school holiday program.
3. Sydney’s beaches – we know they’re amazing, but which are the best options for families?
For top things to do in Sydney that don’t cost a dime, the city’s beaches are the biggest bargain of all. And it’s still warm enough in April to enjoy them.
4. What about getting up close and personal with the Coat-hanger? Kids will love that.
It doesn’t cost a cent to walk across the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
5. The Royal Easter Show – it’s definitely not free, but any tips on how to shave a bit off the cost?
The Show seriously is a must if you happen to be in town with kids up until the 19th of April. First held in 1823, its Australia's biggest annual event and welcomes around 800,000 people every year. It's pricey for a family but there are a few ways to save...
For more details, visit www.thebigbus.com.au.