Wanted: Tasmania's top 100 Innovators and Innovations
The 2017 Innovative Tasmania Awards have been launched and are looking for Tasmania's top 100 innovators and innovations. Now in their third year the Awards are looking for nominations from innovators - young and old, female and male - not just in products and services but in processes, start-ups, learning, regions, communities - and government.
The entry process has been designed to be easy and simple. Entrants self-nominate and merely write 120 words regarding why their innovation or their innovator is worthy of the Award. Then they add a high resolution photograph and up to three Powerpoint slides of support materials.
In 2017 there are 10 awards:
• Innovator of the Year, presented by Eaglecrest Technologies
• Young Innovator of the Year, presented by University Of Tasmania
• Innovative Start-Up Award, presented by Startup Tasmania and TasICT
• Innovative Product Award, presented by Dept Industry, Innovation and Science
• Innovative Service Award, presented by Tasmanian Broadcasters
• Innovative Process Award, presented by Bell Bay Aluminium
• Innovative Region Award, presented by TCCI
• Innovative Community Award, presented by Anglicare Tasmania
• Innovative Learning Award, presented by University of Tasmania
• Innovative Government Award, presented by Dept of State Growth.
Each winner receives a video vignette of their innovation which will be broadcast on Southern Cross News (value $4,500) plus a trophy, certificate and laurels.
Nominations for the 2016 Innovative Tasmania Awards are now open here. It is free to enter, and nominations close on Sunday 23 July, 2017.
Winners are chosen by crowd-sourcing voting open to all Tasmanians once nominations close. Prizes will be awarded at a prestigious event in Hobart on Wednesday 4th October, 2017.