The Hobart District Nursing Service has been delivering services for 120 years.
The Hobart District Nursing Service is Committed to Care. This is reflected in our values of, Commitment, Equity, Excellence, Trust, Versatility and Transparency.
We support and care for people of all ages in their own home. We assist clients manage those daily activities that may have become challenging due to illness, frailty or disability.
The District Nurses deliver the following services:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), nursing and community care for people 65 yrs and over across the state.
- Commonwealth Home Care Packages
- Home and Community Care (HACC), nursing and community care for people 65 yrs and under to all Tasmanians state wide.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) and Veterans Home Care (VHC), nursing and community care for DVA gold card holders to all Tasmanians state wide.
- Private nursing and community care, care plans, health checks, corporate cleaning, respite and immunisation, services to all ages for individuals and organisations state wide.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), approved provider to deliver nursing, personal care, social support, house hold assistance, personal activities, group and centre activities.
- Tasmanian Community Clinic (TCT), offers a nurse practitioner, specialised health services and health and wellbeing programs, the clinic is located in Moonah for the greater Hobart region.
- Social Centre, offering a range of social activities and day trips run from our office in Moonah.