Which Tradie skill do you wish you could master?
Tradies are making us green with envy with their large toolkit of handyman knowledge. As the price of renovating goes up, Aussies are starting to see the value in having these trade skills. A recent survey conducted by jobs site ServiceSeeking.com.au interviewed 1,700 users who revealed that many of us wish we had taken a different career path...
What trade skills do you most wish you had?
- 37% of people said Electrical,
- 24% said Landscaping,
- 20% said Plumbing,
- 11% said House Painting, and
- 8% said Tiling.
Which DIY job do you WISH you could do?
- 24% wish they could re-tile their own bathroom
- 21% wish they could install cabinetry
- 19% wish they could build a deck
- 16% wished they could paint a wall
- 10% wish they could unclog a blocked drain; and
- 6% wished they could fix a blown fuse box.
Which DIY Job do you hate the most?
It should come as no surprise that the most hated DIY job was unclogging the toilet, with 40% of respondents identifying this most unsavoury task.
Reasons why we HATE DIY:
- 40% answered “Doesn’t turn out how you picture it”
- 36% said DIY is just time consuming
- 19% complained DIY was physically exhausting, and
- 4% don’t like getting dirty.
The data is from a survey of more than 1,700 users of ServiceSeeking.com.au in September 2017, an online services marketplace connecting customers with over 150,000 local businesses. The full data set can be found here.