Lane closures - Bridgewater Bridge
Road users are advised of interruptions to traffic on the Bridgewater Bridge at Bridgewater this week, due to night-time maintenance works.
One lane will be closed to traffic during working hours. These closures are scheduled at the following times:
- 8pm Monday, 5 August, reopening at 5:30am Tuesday, 6 August
- 8pm Tuesday, 6 August, reopening at 5:30am Wednesday, 7 August
- 8pm Wednesday, 7 August, reopening at 5:30am Thursday, 8 August
- 8pm Thursday, 8 August, reopening at 5:30am Friday, 9 August
- 8pm Friday, 9 August, reopening at 5:30am Saturday, 10 August
These dates will be confirmed as the works progress, as the work is weather dependent.
Signage on the approaches to the bridge will advise road users of any upcoming lane closures.
During these night works road users are advised to use an alternate route if possible, as there will be some delays.
Alternative routes between the eastern and western shores are available via the Bowen and Tasman Bridges.
These works are essential maintenance to the bridge’s lifting mechanism and have been scheduled at night to minimise the impact to road users.
For more information, visit www.transport.tas.gov.au/road/closures_delays