A family who lost their Glenorchy home to an accidental fire is living between relatives and hotels a week on.
A GoFundMe page has been launched for Stevie Vince and her three young children after the rental inferno on Devines Road (here).
Stevie says there’s been outstanding support from the school community for her children.
“That’s probably the best place for them to be at the moment, with their friends,” she said.
“They’re ok, considering; I don’t think they quite understand the gravity of the situation, but they’re doing ok. It still feels a bit surreal, like it’s a dream.”
The family also lost their car.
“The car was parked up against the garage door, and the roof of the house fell on top, smashed the windscreen and caught the engine bay on fire, so it was just a complete write-off.”