The inquest into the Hillcrest Primary School Tragedy won’t be held for at least another six months.
Six children were killed on December 16 last year when an inflatable jumping castle was blown 10 metres into the air by a gust of wind.
Coroner Olivia McTaggart convened a case management conference in the Devonport Magistrate’s Court this morning.
The court was told the delay was due to the complexity of the case and some evidence still to be submitted from Work Safe Tasmania.
A packed court room included families of the children who were killed and lawyers representing the families, survivors, and the Education Department, with lawyers for the operators of the jumping castle, Launceston-based Taz Zorb, on ZOOM.
Counsel assisting the coroner Leigh Mackey, read out details of injuries which killed the children as family in court became visibly upset, forcing her to pause at one point.
Ms Mackey told the court a preliminary disclosure of evidence should be made available to lawyers and families within 4 to 6 weeks.