LATEST NEWS

100k wings

100k wings

page header news22

Portable stove explodes in Devonport home

pexels moein moradi 672636

Tasmania Fire Service say a portable gas stove explosion should serve as a safety reminder.

Crews were called to a private home in Devonport at around 2.30pm yesterday, following reports of an explosion.

There was a power outage while the occupants were using a cooktop.

A gas camping cooker was sitting on the cooktop after the power was restored, heating and then exploding.

The explosion caused extensive damage to the home, including windows, window frames and roofing tiles.

The residents were unharmed by the explosion.

A Tasmania Fire Service investigation has deemed the incident to be accidental.

The TFS says this are a reminder to be vigilant around gas cooking, both inside and outside to home.

To learn more about home fire safety, click here.