"Do not come": Spirit crackdown
The State Government is cracking down on Spirit of Tasmania arrivals, now banning non-essential passengers altogether.
Some people have been seen ignoring self-isolation requirements minutes after leaving the vessel in Devonport.
"As from today, if you are travelling to Tasmania and it is non-essential travel, do not come," said Premier Peter Gutwein in announcing the rules, which exempt Tasmanian visitors coming home.
"Do not get on the TT-Line. What we will do is turn you around and ask you to go back."
A Tasmania Police compliance team is being tasked with enforcing self-isolation and non-essential gathering rules.
In other developments, Tasmanian Government Minister Jane Howlett is going into self-isolation.
She'll be absent from Parliament this week after her chief of staff had close contact with a confirmed coronavirus case in Queensland.
Mr Gutwein says it proves no one is exempt.
"While I believe the vast majority of Tasmanians are doing the right thing when asked to self-isolate, there are examples being brought forward where people are going against the rules," Mr Gutwein told the daily coronavirus briefing in Hobart.
"I want to say again: stop deliberately putting people's lives at risk."
The state's infection count stands at 28 after news of another half-dozen cases emerged on Monday evening.
The cases are evenly split between northern and southern Tasmania, and five of them stemmed from the Ruby Princess liner which docked in Sydney last week.
Three people have recovered completely.