After 20 years of service, Microsoft announced Xbox Game Pass Core (launching on September 14) will be replacing Xbox Live Gold which is being put out to pasture.
Xbox Game Pass Core will bring online play together with Game Pass and a select collection of over 25 games, starting with titles including Gears 5, Hellblade, Grounded, Elder Scrolls Online and more.
New titles will be added 2-3 times a year.
Xbox Game Pass Core members will have access to the multiplayer network and exclusive member deals & discounts, all for $10.95 AUD per month or $79.95 AUD per year.
If you’ve currently got Xbox Live Gold you won’t need to do anything to your account, everything will magically switch over at launch.
@doccydarko Microsoft are saying goodbye to Xbox Live Gold and replacing it with Xbox Game Pass Core, what does that mean for you? #xboxgamepass #xboxlivegold #xboxgamepasscore ♬ original sound – DoccyDarko
Important notes for current Xbox Live Gold members:
- On September 14, Xbox Live Gold members will automatically become Game Pass Core members, with no change in pricing, and have immediate access to a new library of over 25 high-quality games.
- Member deals & discounts will also be part of Xbox Game Pass Core.
- Games with Gold will come to an end on September 1.
- Players can continue to access any Xbox One games they previously redeemed through Games with Gold if they remain a Game Pass Core or Game Pass Ultimate member.
- Regardless of subscription status, any Xbox 360 titles redeemed via Games with Gold in the past will be kept in a player’s library.
It’s a natural progression with Game Pass now in over 25 million households and growing and with the Microsoft acquisition of Activision Blizzard just moments away, there’s going to be even more great games added to the service.